Friday Faves: E3 Edition

So 2014 E3 was this week and just ended yesterday. There are so many things I am looking forward to this year. I really had to try hard to keep it this small, so there wasn't like 7 hours of videos in this post, there were so many exciting things.

So the very first thing I want to talk about is the new Zelda for Wii U!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME. There I did it, all caps. The map has been compared to Skyrim and the graphics in the short teaser look so cool! We don't know a lot, but we do know it will combine classic Zelda's exploration feel with new Zelda graphics. Puzzles will begin as soon as the player picks a direction to go in, hopefully no annoying owl every 5 minutes to tell you where to go. I am hoping it turns out to be bit more of a challenging Zelda game then the last few.


The Yoshi and Toad games. I know these annoyed a lot of people, especially the toad game, for some reason. But, I think they look fun and entertaining. I think in the shadow of all the really intense games from Microsoft and Sony people felt these were too "Kiddish", but lets be real we all loved Toad the most anyway and are pumped he has his own game now.
Since I have to buy a Wii U now before Zelda comes out next year, I will probably be playing these as well.



I obviously have to mention Little Big Planet 3! People went crazy during this announcement, they have some exciting new characters and the co-op mode they showed the game play for looked really fun! I really enjoyed that the people from Sony who did the game play looked like they were having fun while playing it.


Mortal Kombat X. Yes the title deserved to be it's own sentence, that is how excited I am. Andy and I saw and watched this trailer with our jaws hanging open! It just looked so freaking good! I feel like I have said that a lot this post.


Destiny, yeah maybe it is just Halo for Sony, but who cares, the game still looks freaking awesome! Also if you are my friend, have a PS4 and are playing this Beta, I have officially invited myself over to your house. I am so excited for this game! I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but you obviously didn't spend 6 hours watching game trailers like I did, there is so much awesome coming up in the next year!



No Mans Sky, okay so you may watch this trailer and be like "meh" no idea what this game is about. Now go back and watch the trailer again with the fact in your brain that it has an infinite map!!! According to the developers, they don't even know what the whole game looks like and gameplay should be a bit different for each player. I so hope it's good.



Obviously the thing I am excited about from Microsoft is Halo Masterchief Collection all in HD but, I don't have an XBOX 1, so I can only be so excited.



There are so many things I couldn't even get to on this list, Battlefield Hardline, Far Cry 4 (this really should have been first), Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain (Seriously stop reading this and go watch that trailer it looks freaking amazing!), The new Smash Bro's game and more. Writing those down I feel like I need to re-do this whole list but, I already wrote this whole thing so, no. I think over all I was most excited by Sony this year, I will not declare a "winner" of E3 because it's a conference, not really a thing you can win. They touched a little on Project Morpheus, which I heard the one they had there for game play was glitchy and not up to par with Oculus, but catching up. I have high hopes that the VR equipment made and owned by a company that actually produces games and not Facebook, should win the VR race eventually. PlayStation Now and PlayStation TV both got me excited. Overall, I think 2015 will be a great year for games and I look forward to playing them all!

 Now to find something to do until they all come out.....

Did you know you can trade-in your games on Amazon.com? Even ones you didn't buy on Amazon! Support this blog (and earn yourself some cash) by trading your games in on Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/b?node=979418011&tag=lampstancommu-20

No comments

Powered by Blogger.