Makeup Monday :: Drugstore Blush Review

Drugstore Makeup Dupes


Oh man, do I love me some blush! It might be my favorite makeup item...but let's be real, I probably say that about all the things I write about!
Anyways...I have finally collected a few popular drugstore blushes and I wanted to do a comparison and review of each of them for you! The 3 I purchased were L'Oreal True Match Blush in Baby Blossom, E.L.F Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia, and NYX baked blush in Foreplay (worst name ever).
L'oreal Baby Blossom Swatch
(So this is the rare instance in life where I am "tan" so these look a little different than they normally would look on my face")

To cut to the chase in case you don't want to read the specific details. In my opinion, NYX baked blush is the overall winner of this trio! 


Review of e.l.f contouring blush and bronzing powder

Alright so first up is the E.L.F Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia (Man what a long name). Now, this is probably my least favorite out of the 3 but, this by no means, means it's a bad product, in fact it is great just the blush doesn't really compare to the other 2! At only $3.00 this is the best bang for your buck, especially because this one includes the bronzing powder as well. Now, the bronzing powder in this set I love, I use it for contouring a lot. But, today we're just talking about the blush and on my skin, I just don't love the color. I think I would have absolutely loved this product if I went with one of their Matte shades in stead of the glimmery (yes that is a technical term) sheen, because the glimmer is really my biggest complaint.
Overall I do use the bronzing powder and the blush is pretty good, just not the right sheen or color for what I would typically use.

L'Oreal True Match Blush in Baby Blossom Review

Coming in at number 2 is the L'Oreal True Match Blush in Baby Blossom. I really like the "True Match" products, in fact I use the True Match Liquid Foundation in Ivory. This is my go to blush for my more "natural" make up days! As you can tell in the pic above, it's very, very light pink color but, just enough to bring some color/highlights into your face in a very pretty way!
My biggest pro of this blush is the texture and blend-ability, it's so smooth and soft, it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything!
Ringing in at $7.99 this is the most expensive of the 3 but, highly worth it, in my opinion.

NYX baked blush in Foreplay Review

Last but, obviously the opposite of least, is the NYX baked blush in Foreplay (I seriously think they named it that to make you naturally blush while putting it on, to use as a guide). Regardless of the ridiculous name, this is my favorite blush, I use it every day! In the swatch pic above it looks a little darker than it normally does on my face but, this is my every day wear! My favorite thing is the pigment, again as you can tell from above, it the most pigmented of the 3, so you only need a small amount to get the look you're going for! I don't think I have any negative things to say about this blush, it is my hands down fave. With the price of $6.99 it is just slightly cheaper than the L'Oreal and slightly better quality!

Well that's it for this Monday everyone!

Love you all!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.