Makeup Monday: e.l.f Haul

Phew! What a morning it has been! It seems like every time I sit down to do a project today, something has interrupted me. So hopefully this is not going to take me all day to write!
I wrote this over 2 hours ago, not knowing that I was not going to be able to find the pictures I needed, so although it didn't take me all day to literally write this post, it did take almost all day to actually get it up! Oh man, Monday's are my favorite! 

Anyways, back a few weeks ago I went out to Target to grab some more e.l.f products! As you know if you frequent this blog, I have been really into e.l.f lately and I wanted to check out more of their stuff! 
target elf product haul
Photo Credit: Andy Cox
So here's what I got! 

I've been really wanting to expand my blush and bronzer collection so I was very excited to pick this Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. Now, this is definitely a product I am still learning to use, as far as the contouring part goes. However, the colors are super nice, I love, this blush color! 


Photo Credit: Andy Cox


This next one is probably my favorite so far! As you probably know Andy and I were both sick all last week. What you may not know is that I had 4 meetings during that week! Which meant attempting to make my makeup look nice with puffy sick eyes. Insert e.l.f Eye Refresh. This stuff is AH-mazing, it's a rollerball that cools and refreshes your eyes. You just roll this over your eyes in the morning and the miracle begins, it's drys super quick so it doesn't interfere with the rest of your makeup! I really was not convinced this would work when I bought it, but it was only $3 so I figured "what the heck" and I am so happy I did. This stuff worked wonders while I was sick!

Photo Credit: Andy Cox

Alright! Next up on the list is this e.l.f Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer in sheer. This is another one of my favorites from this shopping trip! I love it a lot! I have a lot of problems with my eye  shadow clumping and turning into little lines on my lids. This stuff prevents that from happening so quickly! For $2 and how quick it is to add to a routine, I would say this is a must add to any makeup collection. Your eye shadow will stay longer and it helps the colors show up a bit more on the lid!
My one tid-bit of advice on this product, is make sure you allow it to dry before putting your eye shadow on! One may assume this would be common sense but, you never know...I've mentioned before this is a judgement free zone right?


Photo Credit: Andy Cox

Alright, next up we have this e.l.f Powder Brush. This was my first e.l.f brush I  have ever purchased, this type of powder brush was the missing link in my growing collection! So I was so happy to find this for only $3! Obviously the price is a serious pro and it is most likely the best brush you are going to find for this price...however, it's not my favorite. Everyone raves about these brushes so I was super excited about it but, I really am just not a huge fan. Bristles started coming out just with the first wash and you can't see in this photo but, not all the bristles were even. I think for just a few dollars more per brush,  Real Techniques is a really huge improvement in quality. 

Photo Credit: Andy Cox
Okay we're half way there! I don't have too much to say about this e.l.f Expert Liquid Liner, as I only have used it twice in my oh-so-glorious attempts at winged eyeliner (something I have not yet to master, I am happy no one else has seen my 2 am makeup lessons)! Anyway, it's a winner on price alone, it's only $2. However, the brush it super nice, it stays on a long time and I am overall impressed. 

Photo Credit: Andy Cox
Since this is already too long, I am only going to touch on this next product, you can read more about it in My Lip Routine post. It has been a few weeks since I have picked up all of these products and this e.l.f Lip Exfoliator easily became another staple in my makeup routine. This stuff is seriously amazing. 



Photo Credit: Andy Cox
Woo last one! Yet another one of my favorites from this trip is the e.l.f High Definition Powder. I was just using a light mineral powder to set my liquid foundation, until I purchased this. Yet another staple, this helps set your foundation for all day wear and smooths over any outstanding imperfections after you put on your makeup. 


Photo Credit: Andy Cox

That's all folks!

Thanks if you've stuck around through this whole thing! It has been a blast expanding my makeup collection and knowledge! A huge thank you to everyone who reads this and is allowing this blog to become a big part of my life and work!

Love you all! 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.